Begin YOUR online
Get Your Offer Accepted-Tips to buying a home in the Twin Cities real estate market today!
As the market shifts from a buyer’s market, it’s good to know how to improve your chances to have the seller accept your offer.
Once you decide on a home, don’t waste time; write an offer and submit it as soon as possible. Competing with another buyer happens more frequently than you’d expect. Multiple offers are a seller’s advantage but here are some tips to level the playing field:
* Realistic offer – don’t give the impression you’re trying to “steal” the property. Submit comparable sales that justify your offer.
* Pre-approval letter – this satisfies seller’s biggest concern that an unqualified buyer will unnecessarily take the home off the market and the seller will lose other opportunities.
* More earnest money – it shows you’re serious and makes the seller feel like the contract will actually close.
* Minimize contingencies – from a seller’s standpoint, each contingency is one more reason why the sale won’t go through. They feel the home is “off the market” and they’re in limbo.
* Shorten inspection period – your agent can help you set a reasonable date but let the seller know you’re willing to close prior to that if possible.
* Write a personal letter to the seller telling them why you want their home – this can be the emotional connection to the seller that makes the difference in you getting the home.
A seller wants to feel confident that the offer they accept will actually close so they can plan for their next move. Following tips like these can definitely affect negotiations and help put together an offer that is more likely to be accepted. I have been selling homes for 26 years. Let my experience help you make the right decision for yourself and family.
CFP CLU ChFC CEBS MBA MS CMB
7300 France Ave S #410
Edina, MN 55435
How Can I Help You?
Powered By WP Footer
READ MOREPrevious: Bloomington Homes-Minnesota Home Improvement Money Available
Next: Mortgage Forgiveness Act-Report For YOU